Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best of 2012: Your Favorites

It's that time of year again! It's time to re-cap the best of Cassie Craves for 2012. Every year I do these re-caps a little bit differently, and this year I thought I'd go through and highlight a recipe from each month. Today I'll share the most popular recipes, and tomorrow I'll share my favorites.


January: Crock pot ranch pork chops. Hopefully if you made these, you scaled back on the pile of mashed potatoes, because holy crap. I still laugh every time I look at this photo, because I can't get over that gigantic pile of potatoes. (The pork chops are delicious, though -- so tender that they melt in your mouth, and incredibly flavorful.)


February: Chicken broccoli bacon ranch foil packets. These are an entire dinner in one foil packet, so you can't beat the convenience -- or the taste. They're loaded with so many delicious flavors.


March: Cake batter cheesecake cupcakes. These individual-sized treats are a cross between cake and cheesecake, and they use those delicious birthday cake Oreos that were available for a limited time. Regular Oreos would work beautifully, but I really, really wish they'd bring back the birthday cake ones.


April: Cheddar bacon ranch chicken pasta. This is by far the most popular recipe on my entire blog, and I don't even know how many repins it's received. I can definitely see why you all love it so much; it's delicious and simple and ready in well under half an hour.


May: French dip crescents. All the yumminess of a French dip sandwich, wrapped up in a neat little crescent roll bundle. What's not to love?


June: Strawberry cake with thick strawberry glaze. This is one of the best cakes I've ever made. The sweet, sticky glaze is just to die for, and the cake is so moist and is loaded with strawberry flavor.


July: Tex Mex white cheddar chicken spaghetti. This dish is made entirely on the stovetop and contains no "cream of" soups whatsoever. It's insanely creamy, slightly spicy, and totally delicious!


August: Southwestern BBQ shredded chicken sandwiches. This is one of my favorites from August, too, and probably from the entire year. This sandwich and its toppings are perfectly balanced: spicy, smoky, sweet, creamy, crunchy, and tangy. I could eat these once a week.


September: Jalapeno popper wontons. You guys went nuts for these! Not that I blame you...they're so yummy and dangerously addictive.


October: Pesto chicken crescent pockets. I agree with this one too! These are so simple and delicious. The filling is composed of just a few ingredients, but it's so flavorful, and the creaminess is perfectly balanced by the crispy crouton-coated crescent shell (say that five times fast!).


November: Chicken cheddar bacon ranch rice bake. You guys seem to love the chicken/cheddar/bacon/ranch combination as much as I do! This is another good one -- a creamy, flavorful rice dish that is a perfect comfort food.


December: Foil-baked chicken parmesan sandwiches. These sandwiches became an instant favorite, and we're actually having them for dinner again tomorrow night!

No comments: