Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 2.13.12


I hope you’ve all had a great weekend so far. We certainly have. Joe and I went on a date on Friday night, which was wonderful. We had a delicious dinner out, then came home and watched a movie. The boys spent the night with my stepmom and had a blast, and it was so nice to be able to sleep in on Saturday morning. I can’t even remember the last time I was able to do that – or the last time I was able to go grocery shopping without two grabby little boys tagging along. It felt like such a luxury. All you moms understand this, right?

Anyway, due to our date and a few nights of general laziness last week, a few of our meals for this week are repeats. I’ve set myself up for a pretty easy week of meals, since I haven’t had a lot of energy for cooking lately.

Monday: Chicken fajitas and Mexican rice. This is a carry-over from last week that I didn’t make, but I am definitely making it this week. Fajitas just sound so good to me. I know I have some corn tortillas in the fridge, so I may even whip up some homemade tortilla chips and guac to go with this meal. It depends on how motivated I am.

Tuesday: Mostaccioli with roasted garlic and roasted tomatoes. I saw this recipe in one of my weekly e-mails from Betty Crocker, and I’m pretty sure I drooled a little bit. This pasta has such simple flavors, but they are flavors that I love SO MUCH. This is the perfect Valentine’s Day meal for us (since we already celebrated on Friday).

Wednesday: Cashew chicken wraps, chips. I stumbled upon this recipe when I was searching for something else, and I was immediately sold. Chicken, cashews, and a creamy honey mustard sauce, all wrapped up in a tortilla? Yes please! The only thing that could make it better would be some – you guessed it – bacon, so I may add that.

Thursday: Chicken with pimiento cheese sauce, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli. Another carry-over from last week. I’m really eager to experiment with this one.

Friday: I’m in training at work until 5:00, which is an hour later than I’m usually there, so I’ll be home a lot later. I’ll probably grab us something from the drive-thru on my way home, or order a pizza.

Saturday: Swedish meatballs, egg noodles, steamed green beans. Definitely one of our favorite meals. A neighbor recently brought us fresh eggs from his hens, so I will for sure be using those to make this batch of noodles.


Sunday: Farfalle with bacon, onions, and gouda, steamed broccoli. This sounds so delicious. I’m going to make a few changes based on some of the comments, and probably used smoked gouda because I think it’ll pair nicely with the bacon.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a great date night! I remember those days well!