Friday, June 3, 2011

Pizza Panini


I think this is one of the best ideas for a quick and easy lunch or dinner I’ve ever had. It’s a pepperoni and cheese panini, and the bread is store-bought garlic Texas toast. Served with pizza sauce on the side for dipping, this meal is literally ready in minutes, and it’s absolutely delicious. It’s also a kid-pleaser, to which I’m sure both of my boys would attest.

The panini itself is easily customizable – use any combination of pizza toppings and cheeses you like. I think black olives and/or banana peppers would be particularly delicious in addition to the pepperoni. I kept them simple for my first go-round, but I’ll definitely be experimenting with different ingredients when I make these again!


Pizza Panini

Frozen garlic Texas toast
Deli-sliced pepperoni
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza sauce

Prepare garlic toast according to package directions. To assemble sandwiches, top a slice of garlic toast with pepperoni and a sprinkling of cheese, then another piece of garlic toast. Cook in a panini press until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Katie said...

This one makes me want to go out and buy a panini press...lol.

Aarthi said...

yummy one..

Cristine said...

Fantastic idea! And thanks for sharing the pizza puff recipe... it's a new fave!

Monica H said...

I saw these yesterday but didn't have any garlic bread so I made pizza quesadillas instead for a snack and they were delicious!

mobile said...

What a great idea, it looks so delicious, i will try this for sure, thanks a lot for sharing.

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

These are on the menu tonight. I can't wait.