Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 5.23.11


Last week really got away from me. Typically I have my meal plans for any given week ready to go by Wednesday of the previous week, but I didn't finish this week's meal plan until Saturday night. That meant that I utilized my cookbooks and magazines more than I normally do -- and that's something I'd like to do more often, for sure.

Monday: Sloppy cubanos, sweet potato fries. I'm working on trimming down my magazine collection, and I found this recipe in an old issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray. We tried Rachael's recipe for Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes last week, and loved them, and it made me eager to try more of her sloppy joe variations (in addition to these, which I already know we love).

Tuesday: Tortellini primavera

Wednesday: Pork and vegetable stir fry with cashew rice. The boys have been obsessed with cashews lately, and they always love rice and anything Asian, so I think this recipe will go over well in our house.

Thursday: Egg tostada frittata. It must be Rachael Ray week around here! I knew I'd be making this the second I saw it on an episode of 30 Minute Meals.

Friday: Bacon- and cheese-stuffed grilled BBQ chicken (an idea I got from Carrie), buttered noodles

Saturday: Black bean tortilla pie, Mexican sour cream rice

Sunday: Lasagna buns. Lasagna in sandwich form? Sign me up!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Gracious me...I seriously think I might have to try the lasagna buns this week as well! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

RSA Now said...

Wow I am EXCITED for Sunday :)

Martyna said...

Great article, thanks!