Thursday, August 26, 2010

Zucchini Week: Spicy Turkey, Corn and Zucchini Skillet

I’ve been getting recipes e-mailed to me from Campbell’s Kitchen for a few years now, and I think this skillet dinner is the first recipe from their site that I’ve actually made. I was intrigued by the simplicity (a factor which is quickly becoming one of my more common requirements when making my meal plan), and I thought it sounded like a great combination of flavors.

It was delicious.

The use of the boxed soup made this come together quickly and easily, and it added a ton of flavor without a lot of work. I added some additional seasonings to give this even more flavor, and we topped our individual servings with sour cream. This is definitely a meal I’ll make again.

Come back tomorrow, when I’ll be concluding Zucchini Week with a classic: my grandma’s zucchini bread.

Spicy Turkey, Corn and Zucchini Skillet
source: adapted from Campbell’s Kitchen

2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 medium zucchini, finely chopped
1 pound lean ground turkey
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 carton (18.3 ounces) Campbell's V8 Southwest Corn Soup
2 cups tortilla chips
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.

2. Stir in the soup and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the turkey mixture is hot and bubbling. Top with the tortilla chips and cheese.

Print

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I love the sound of this. Again, I'm a huge fan of zucchini week!