Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pico de Gallo

This recipe is so simple, I feel sort of silly even posting it. But I think everyone needs a good pico de gallo recipe, and this is my go-to. I’ve made it tons of times and love it so much that I thought it was high time to give it a post of its own.

As is true of most of the Pioneer Woman’s recipes, this couldn’t be simpler or more delicious. This pico de gallo is great served with tortilla chips, mixed with some mashed avocado for guacamole, or even as a topping for sandwiches (like these). Mmmm, so good -- I could use a bag of tortilla chips and a bowl of this yummy stuff right now!

Pioneer Woman’s Pico de Gallo
source: slightly adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks!

5 Roma tomatoes
1 small onion
2 jalapeno peppers
Cilantro
Lime juice
Coarse salt to taste

1. Chop jalapenos, tomatoes and onions into a very small dice. Chop cilantro. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and stir.

2. Squeeze the juice of half of one lime into the bowl. Add salt to taste and stir again. Refrigerate until serving.

4 comments:

Cara said...

I was going to post our pico recipe sometime soon, too. It pretty much looks the same as PW's. LOVE homemade Pico! My husband is the pico maker at our house, so I was going to try to get him to measure everything out next time. We used non-roma tomatoes last time, and it wasn't as good. Romas are key!

Keri said...

We make pico all the time, too. I don't follow a recipe, but it looks just like yours and PW's. Now I'm craving it:-)!!

Deborah said...

How funny - just today I was craving tacos with a fresh salsa!!

love-up-you said...

Aus wirtschaftlichen Vorteilen ist der beste Weg zu einem lockeren thomas sabo onlineshop Edelstein der gewünschten Größe und Farbe finden und fragen Sie einen erfahrenen Juwelier zu einem perfekten Ring angebote thomas sabo armketten Akzent machen die Qualitäten des Steins. Da der Mondstein ist sehr empfindlich sind sie anfällig für Kratzer und Beschädigungen. Daher sollte Armband mit Anhänger die richtige Pflege gegeben, während sie tragen werden. Nur milde Reinigungsmittel und ein weiches Tuch zur Reinigung sollte them.Many Paare thomas sabo armkette denken, dass traditionelle