Friday, February 12, 2010

Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese

I initially wrote about this salad in my Valentine's Day post last year, but we've eaten it so often since then and we love it so much that I felt like it warranted a post of its own.

If you're having Valentine's Day dinner at home, as Joe and I often do, this is the perfect salad to add to your menu. It couldn't be simpler to make, but it's also a little bit fancy, and best of all it tastes amazing. The goat cheese and strawberries and spinach all compliment each other perfectly. I use a store-bought strawberry balsamic vinaigrette to make this even easier, but you could definitely make your own dressing. This would even be good with just a regular balsamic vinaigrette, but I like the added flavor of the strawberries in the dressing.

I've added grilled chicken to this to make it a full meal, but I think I actually prefer it without the meat. I'd love to try breading and frying goat cheese rounds and incorporating the goat cheese into the salad that way. But however I play with the ingredients, this salad is always amazing!

Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese

1 10-ounce bag triple-washed baby spinach
1 pint strawberries, hulled and chopped
1 package goat cheese crumbles
Salt and pepper to taste
Strawberry balsamic vinaigrette

Combine spinach, strawberries and goat cheese in a large salad bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss with dressing.

4 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Looks like a delicious salad and I love the idea of toasting the goat cheese like you said. I prefer spinach salad without meat /chicken too!

Monica H said...

YUM! A little candies pecan in this and it would be perfect! Love all the colors too.

Debbie said...

Looks so pretty and tasty! A very nice salad!

Deborah said...

First of all, I'm just catching up on blog reading, and you amaze me! I can't believe how much you've made and posted -all with a newborn! I've had plenty of spinach and strawberry salads, but never with goat cheese. I need to give this a try.