Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chubby Hubby Cookies

I know, I know...In my last post I was patting myself on the back for trying to eat healthy, and today I'm posting a recipe for cookies. I may need to work on my willpower, because when these cookies popped up in my Reader I just couldn't resist them. I had to make them immediately. Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby ice cream is pretty much the best ice cream ever, in my humble opinion, so I thought the idea of using those flavors in a cookie was absolutely genius.

These cookies are so delicious! I was skeptical of how they'd turn out before I baked them, because the dough was really crumbly, but they turned out just fine. The pretzels added a nice salty element to the cookie, and really, you just can't beat the chocolate-peanut butter-pretzel combo. I'll definitely be making these little bad boys over and over again!

Chubby Hubby Cookies
source: Joelen's Culinary Adventures

3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

3/4 cup peanut butter chips

1/2 cup crushed pretzel sticks


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2. In the bowl of a stand mixer attached with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.


3. Sift flour and baking soda together. Beat into batter on low speed. Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and crushed pretzels.


4. Drop by rounded tablespoons (or use a small scoop) onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 11 to 14 minutes until golden on the bottom and just set in the middle. Cool on wire racks.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I've eaten so badly this weekend, and was going to go healthy tomorrow. Maybe I'll put it off for one more day now...

Sonya said...

Chocolate chips,peanut butter chips AND pretzels? sounds like something I crave a certain time of the month:) Im soo bookmarking this!

Lisa K said...

Chubby Hubby ice cream is Joe's favorite ice cream, so I'm definitely going to make him these!!

Cara said...

Chubby Hubby is one of my favorite ice creams too! I've seen several cookie recipes lately that include pretzels, and I'm certainly intrigued by it. Bookmarking this one!