Sunday, December 27, 2009

Weekly Meal Planning

First of all, I hope all of you had very happy holidays with your loved ones. We certainly did!

I know I said I wasn't going to plan any meals for the immediate future, but I haven't cooked anything of substance for the past three weeks or so, and the truth is that I miss being in the kitchen. Don't get your expectations too high, though -- the meals I am planning to make this week are quick and low-maintenance, but they are all new. I've seen so many good recipes lately in cookbooks and online that I just had to get some of these in before the new baby comes! (No baking this week, though, because I can't even believe I'm saying this, but I have eaten so many sweets over the past few days that I am just DONE with sweet stuff for the time being. Mark this day in the record books, because you will probably never hear me say that again.)


Monday: Dinner out for my mother-in-law's birthday

Tuesday: Open-faced hamburger cheesesteaks

Wednesday: Chicken and cheese crescent chimichangas

Thursday: No big celebration for us this year -- just a quiet night at home enjoying toasted ravioli with red pepper sauce.

Friday: We'll be having a big traditional New Year's dinner of pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes with Joe's family in the afternoon, so we probably won't even be hungry for dinner.

Saturday: Creamy chicken pesto pasta casserole (from Betty Crocker 2010 Annual Recipes)

Sunday: Buffalo chicken enchiladas with creamy ranch sauce

Weekend Breakfast: Carrot cake pancakes (the first of about a million recipes I want to make out of the new issue of Cooking Light), bacon

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Cassie I know what you mean about the sweet stuff..my tongue has gone numb from all the sugar..lol Im done for awhile too..Im now craving more savory items.

Please set out extra plates on tuesday,wednesday,saturday and totally want to have the carrot cake pancakes! I cant wait for that recipe!:o)

Cara said...

Very intrigued by the buffalo chicken enchiladas....sounds delicious!

Deborah said...

How in the world are you doing all of this when you are so pregnant? Super woman!